to me this is an extremely accurate visual description of tumblr and what we do here.
I have a lot of feelings the final post for the Delmonts is gonna be posted like tomorrow and I’m gonna cry aahfdshagsaj
will I ever pay attention in a Psychology class ever again?
so awhile ago someone asked me to go through process/resources for what i do when i write. this isn’t for everybody, everybody has different motivators. but some of these links have been useful for me in the past.
- typing speed test - warm up your hands
- writing ergonomics - take care of yourself writing for long periods
- music to write by - put on a soundtrack that won’t distract
- writeroom - find a program that removes temptation to browse
- write or die - if you have trouble staying motivated
- word count meter - keep track of your progress
- stayfocused - lock yourself out of distracting sites (chrome only)
generally speaking, i just try to make sure i’m sitting properly, take regular breaks, have plenty of water at hand, and good music. the rest varies on just how much i’m feeling it on a given day, and how badly i need motivation. hopefully this will help!
checking up on my dad’s internet history because i’m a huge snoop and